Last modified: 2021-12-23 by rob raeside
Keywords: leandro n. alem department | misiones province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Valentin Poposki, 29 July 2019
Almafuerte is a small municipality in Leandro N. Alem Department, Misiones Province.
The flag is horizontally striped light blue-yellow-green-red with a white
Valentin Poposki, 29 July 2019
image by Valentin Poposki,
29 July 2019
The arms of Almafuerte display a scene of a road retreating between two stone
walls over a hill with a stack of produce in the foreground.
Valentin Poposki, 29 July 2019
Almafuerte (209 inhabitants in 2001; 7,900 ha) is a second-rank municipality
located 20 km north-west of Leandro N. Alem.
Almafuerte was established as a municipality in May 1939. The first colonists settled the area in 1910. A Decree signed on 24 October 1932 by President Justo ordered the delimitation of a new settlement to be named Almafuerte, which was done in 1934 by surveyor Juan F. Artigas.
The name of the municipality recalls the pseudonym used by the poet Pedro Bonifacio Palacios (1854-1937), author of "Lamentaciones", "El Misionero" and "Milongas clásicas". In his "Diccionario Geogrófico Toponímico de Misiones", Miguel Angel Stefañuk reports that a colonist named Warchofer mentioned in his basic Castilian work made in the area by "un hombre alma forte" (a strong-minded man); this was a tribute to Bernardino Bertolotti, master in school No. 95, who admired Palacios.
Ivan Sache, 29 July 2019
The municipality of Cerro Azul (5,323 inhabitants in 2001; 256 sq. km) is located in the south of the Misiones Province.
Cerro Azul was established by Decree no. 28,185 of 14 September 1933. The name of the new settlement was chosen by its early inhabitants, who mostly came from the Cerro Pelado region (today, the town of Cerro Largo) in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
The flag of Cerro Azul is horizontally divided salmon pink-green-salmon pink. On the green stripe is placed a round emblem, vertically divided dark green-brown and charged all over with a blue letter "A"; the emblem and the letter are outlined in white.
The flag was selected among 36 proposals submitted to a public contest. The winning flag was designed by Alejandro Nahuel Chevaga, Sara Milagros Maksynzuk, Ismael Andres Fedorisch, Catriel Alejandro Medina, Daniela Beatriz Schworer and Francisco Ariel Schworer, alumni at School No. 139, Colonia Taranco Chico. The flag was presented on 14 September 2012, during the celebration of the 79th anniversary of the establishment of the town.
The flag represents the geographical and economical reality of the town.
Salmon pink represents the peaches produced in Cerro Azul, the first producer of that fruit in Argentina.
Green is the symbol of plant industry, which provides income to several inhabitants of the municipality.
The circular emblem means that the municipality is in constant progress in all domains.
The blue ("azul") letter "A", shaped like a hill ("cerro"), recalls both the topography and the name of the town. The background of the emblem reflects the fertility of the soil.
Ivan Sache, 06 Jan 2014