This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Free and Sovereign State of Baja California Sur [Estado Libre y Soberano de Baja California Sur]
Last modified: 2014-03-08 by juan manuel gabino villascán
Keywords: mexico | baja california sur | baja california | coat of arms | tuna | shell | cortés sea | california |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
De facto flag of Baja California Sur
Images by Juan Manuel Gabino Villascán,
May 06, 2001
||State Coat of arms
- Official name: Free and Sovereign State of Baja California Sur [Estado Libre y Soberano de Baja California Sur]
- Shor-form names: State of Baja California Sur [Estado de Baja California Sur]; Baja California Sur
- Location: Northwest of Mexico, south of the Baja California peninsula.
It lays the Mexican state of
Baja California (N); the Sea of Cortés also known as
Gulf of California (E), and the Pacific Ocean (W).
- Area: 73,677 km2
- Municipalities: 5: Comondú, Mulegé, La Paz, Los Cabos, Loreto.
- Population: 379,000 inhabitants
- Capital: La Paz (Pop.: 91,000)
- Statehood: October 8, 1974
- Flag adopted: Unknwon
- Arms adopted: 10 November 1975
- Arms designer: Unknown
INEGI and SEP
this line was not added by the editor of this page.