Last modified: 2021-01-03 by rob raeside
Keywords: ecuador | chimborazo | riobamba | químiag |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 28 December 2020
The parish of Químiag is part of Riobamba canton (Chimborazo province).
Químiag is located 10 km south-east of the town of Riobamba.
Químiag was once inhabited by the Quimaes / Quilimas, who belonged to the Confederation of the Puruhaes. After the Spanish conquest, the colonial village of Santiago de Químiag was established by a founder whose name has been lost. The parish of Quimiag was established on 29 May 1861, as part of Guano canton, and transferred to Riobamba canton on 22 April 1897.
Ivan Sache, 12 January 2015
The description has to be amended as follows:
The flag of Químiag is vertically divided yellow-white-green, with the parish coat of arms in the center.
28 December 2020