This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Planegg (Germany)

Gemeinde Planegg, Kreis München, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: planegg | owl | fess(wavy) | basement |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Planegg municipal banner] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon,
approved 17 April 1953 See also:

Municipality of Planegg

Planegg Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2014

Planegg Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
It is a typical Bavarian shield. In a silver field is a blue fess wavy. A red owl guardant - in fact the shade is brownish - armed golden (= yellow) is standing upon the green base and superimposing the fess wavy.
The fess wavy is symbolizing the Würm, a creek. The green basement is a canting element, alluding to the municipality's name. The owl is taken from the arms of the Hörwarth family. Bavarian chancellor Georg von Hörwarth, who died in 1622, gained in 1616 Planegg, which had been a Hofmark since the 15th century. He played an important political role under the rule of Duke Maximilian. The family owned Planegg until 1732.
Source: Stadler 1968, p.43

The banner was approved on 17 April 1953 by Bavarian ministry of interior and the coat of arms already on 19 March 1951.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2014

back to München cities and municipalities click here