Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: weilmuenster | church | canton(sinister) | lion(yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is quartered off-centred of blue and orange with the coat of arms on the intersection point of all quarters.
Gießen District , state Hesse
banner approved on 12 February 1963 and confirmed 30 September 1983
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 30 Aug 2006
Shield Argent, issuant from base a church Gules with two towers roofed Azure and topped by crosslets Or, seen from Southeast, in canton sinister Azure a lion rampant Or, armed and tongued Gules, accompanied by seven billets Or.
The seals of the town, known since 1541 all displayed a church (also called: Münster) as a canting element and the lion of Nassau. The new arms were based on the old seals. The town belonged to Nassau from the 14th century until 1803. Blue and orange had been the traditional colours of Nassau.
The arms were officially approved on 1 July 1935 and confirmed on 30 September 1983.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.92
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Apr 2017
back to Limburg-Weilburg Cities and Municipalities Page click here