This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Eresing Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Eresing, Landkreis Landsberg am Lech, Bayern

Last modified: 2020-10-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: eresing | mace | cross(patty) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Eresing municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Oct 2020
See also:

Eresing Municipality

Eresing Banner

It is a yellow-blue-white vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Oct 2020

Eresing Coat of Arms

Shield parted per chevron, above Sable two maces Or in saltire, beneath Or a cross patty Azure.
Meaning: The maces were embedded into the arms and were considered as family arms of theLords of Eresing, who lived in the village something around between 1300 and 1424. It is for sure that the maces had been part of the family arms of the Lords of Aresing, who lived in Pestenacker and Türkenfeld. They died out in 1568. A connection between both kins however could not be proven. The cross is blazoned as Cross of St. Ulrich, who had been Bishop of Augsburg between 923 and 973. He is also the patron saint of the local parish church, a well and a pilgrimage chapel. The cross patty is also part of the arms of St. Ottilie Abbey in Emming (since 1904 St. Ottilie), a village belonging to Eresing.
Source: "Heimatbuch für den Landkreis Landsberg am Lech", 2nd edition, Landsberg am Lech 1982, pp.353, 443ff., 452
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Oct 2020

The arms were approved on 3 August 1959 by Minister of Interior of Bayern.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Oct 2020

back to Landsberg upon Lech cities and municipalities click here