Last modified: 2022-09-23 by rick wyatt
Keywords: north shore yacht club | united states yacht club | new york |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The New York Canoe Club was founded in 1871. It was a time of the upper 500
sailing their yachts, or rather letting the professional crews of sand baggers
sail them. It was a time of the the rest of the people taking to the water in
canoes, so small they were steering them by their feet.
Since 1933, the canoe club settled at the northern shore of Manhasset Bay, and in 1951, they renamed the club to indicate their location: the North Shore Yacht Club, of Port Washington, New York.
The burgee likewise is from a time that simple designs could suffice: Red, a white barrulet.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 14 August 2022