This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bass Haven Yacht Club (U.S.)


Last modified: 2011-07-09 by rick wyatt
Keywords: bass haven yacht club | united states yacht club | massachusetts |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Bass Haven Yacht Club] image by Ivan Sache, 18 July 2010

See also:

Bass Haven Yacht Club

The Bass Haven Yacht Club (BHYC), located at Beverly, started on 1 July 1910 as the United Shoe Machinery Athletic Association Boat Club. The club was renamed the United Shoe Yacht Club on 13 April 1950 and joined MBYCA in July 1951. The club was chartered under its present name on 23 March 1970.

The burgee of BHYC is described in the club's by-laws, last updated April 2009, as follows:

"Article 1.
The seal shall be a double-barred circle enclosing a replica of the club burgee.
The club burgee shall be a pointed flag of regulation size of which the upper left and lower right segments are red. The lower left and upper right are blue, superimposed upon the field is to be a white square placed so that its corners are at the intersection of the red and blue segments, the top and bottom corners meeting at the outside edges. For the purpose of clarification, the left edge of the burgee, as referenced above, is that edge that is normally towards the staff."

Ivan Sache, 18 July 2010