Last modified: 2022-09-23 by rick wyatt
Keywords: lake superior yachting association | united states yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Lake Superior Yachting Association was formed through the first Trans
Superior Yacht Race, from 1966. Its founding members were the Thunder Bay Yacht
Club, from Canada, the Duluth Keel Club (nowadays Duluth Yacht Club), from the
United States, and the Apostle Island Yacht Club, also from the United States.
The current members are:
* Thunder Bay Yacht Club, Thunder Bay, Ontario, CA
* Duluth Yacht Club, Duluth, MN, US
* Apostle Islands Yacht Club, Bayfield, WI, US
* Onigaming Yacht Club, Houghton, MI, US
* Marquette Yacht Club, Marquette, MI, US
* Wayzatta Yacht Club, Minnetonka MN, US - Apostle Island Station, Bayfield, WI, US
The burgee is a dark blue field, with a white bar, with on that bar a red maple leaf, and three red five-pointed star, each with one point up.
I assume, the red maple leaf stands for Ontario, the single Canadian province bordering Lake Superior, while the three red stars represent Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan, the three United States bordering Lake Superior.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 24 August 2022