Last modified: 2014-12-05 by rick wyatt
Keywords: ashippun | wisconsin | dodge county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image provided by Herbert Heck, 29 October 2013
The Raccoon is pictured because the Winnebago and Potawatomie Indians who lived in this area gave it the name Ashippun, which means Little Raccoon.
The four stars in the corner represent the 4 directions that were and are very much a part of the Native culture. They believe that they are blessed by Great Spirit from all directions.
The log cabin is one of the first structures built in the Ashippun township back in 1844. It stands on the original site on the Johnson Farm. The log cabin appears on Town Stationery and on the side of the town service vehicles.
The red color is for all of the servicemen who gave their lives in war.
Herbert Heck, 29 October 2013