Last modified: 2012-05-22 by rick wyatt
Keywords: texas | shackelford county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eugene Ipavec, 25 March 2006
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Shackelford County:
Shackelford county is named for Dr. Jack Shackelford (1790-1857), Texas Revolution heroValentin Poposki, 24 March 2006
County Seat: Albany Area: 915 square miles Pop. (2000): 3,302.
About the flag: "On 10 June 1974, during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the organization of Shackelford County, the Commissioner's Court adopted a flag presented to them by the Lee's Legion Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The flag has a royal blue field bearing a red ring around a white disc. On the disc appear the inscription "Shackelford 1874" and green leaves, apparently olive branches."