Last modified: 2011-10-21 by rick wyatt
Keywords: new york | greece | genesee county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman
"The official flag of the Town of Greece was adopted at a meeting of the Town Council on August 17, 1954. Centered in a field of white is a circular emblem, designed by J. S. Perticone depicting the old lighthouse at the mouth of the Genesee River which was built in 1822 - the same year the Town was established. The circle represents the shield of the warriors of the Ancient Greece and the border is of characteristic Greek design. Lightning flashes symbolize energy and strength and the colors - terra cotta, golden yellow and black - are those used in old Greek pottery and artistic decorations."
Logo at townofgreece.org/images/General/greecelogo.gif
Dov Gutterman, 27 November 2002