Last modified: 2019-12-15 by rick wyatt
Keywords: thibodaux | louisiana | lafourche parish |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by André Coutanche, 24 April 2008
Based on: www.ci.thibodaux.la.us/news/newsletters/070307%20newsletter.pdf
Thibodaux is a small city located on the banks of Bayou Lafourche in northwestern Lafourche Parish, Louisiana. The population was 14,431 at the 2000 census. Thibodaux is nicknamed "Queen City of Lafourche." The community was
settled in the 18th century. It was incorporated as a town in 1830 under the name Thibodauxville, in honor of local plantation owner Henry Schuyler Thibodaux, who in 1824 served as acting governor of Louisiana. The name was changed to Thibodeaux in 1838, and the current spelling Thibodaux was officially adopted in 1918."
- from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thibodaux,_Louisiana.
A photo of the flag can be seen in PDF document at www.ci.thibodaux.la.us/news/newsletters/070307%20newsletter.pdf. It is also shown on the campaign website of the mayor Mr. Charles Caillouet, who actually created and designed the city flag (charlescaillouet.com and charlescaillouet.com/accomp-ga.html).
Valentin Poposki, 24 April 2008
image located by Paul Bassinson, 17 August 2019
Paul Bassinson, 17 August 2019