This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Altshevs'k (Lugans'k, Ukraine)


Last modified: 2011-03-19 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lugansk | luhansk | altshevsk | alchevsk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

See also:

Other Sites:


Photo of the flag and image of the coat of arms can be seen at <>.
Dov Gutterman, 15 July 2004

City of Alchevsk (Luhansk oblast, Ukraine) has about 125,000 inhabitans. During the Soviet era was renaimed in 1931 as "Komunarsk". The coat of arms was adopted on 1983 as the red-blue shield with a gold metallurgical bucket and casting silver metal (stylized as star).
On February 2, 1993 the coat of arms was re-adopted with small changes (bottom field is yellow (gold) now).
On April 16, 1996, before the celebrations of the 100th anniversary of Alchevsk, the city council adopted new decorations around the shield in the coat of arms (two metallurgical pokers, Trident, blue and yellow ribbon) and city flag (dark-blue, with the coat of arms in the middle; ratio 4:5 (in document: "1:1,25")).
Andriy Grechylo, 15 July 2004

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed by the decision N284 of city council executive committee at April, 16th, 1996. A rectangular dark blue panel with a ratio of width to the length as 4:5, in the center is the full arms of city.
Source: A.Grechylo, "Coats-of-arms and Flags of Towns and Villages in Ukraine", Pt.1
It was known since a 1878, when the first mines appeared on the place of modern Altshevs'k."
Dov Gutterman, 10 October 2005

Coat of Arms

image from <>

image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The modern emblem was approved after resolution of the session of the Town Council from 2 February, 1993. In azure shield there is an or scoop with argent metal which is pouring down to the or bottom. In the or head there is a sable inscription - ALTSHEVS'K."
Dov Gutterman, 14 July 2004