Last modified: 2017-11-05 by ivan sache
Keywords: köprübaşı |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Köprübaşı, two versions - Images by Tomislav Šipek, 4 November 2017
The municipality of Köprübaşı (9,981 inhabitants in 2012, 5,457 in the town proper; 31,823 ha) is located 100 km east of Manisa.
Ivan Sache, 6 March 2016
The flag of Köprübaşı (photo, photo) is white with the municipality's emblem in the middle. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality", while "Belediye Başkanlığı" means "Municipality Presidency".
The emblem of the municipality is canting, Köprübaşı meaning "bridge's head" in Turkish.
As a result of Demirkopru Dam’s which was constructed on river Gediz, beginning to hold water and water’s leading to the direction of east and leaving the Borlu subdistrict’s lands under water, the people of Borlu settled to the place where Köprübaşı takes place after 1958. The main settlement place has been in the year of 1959. It is know that, at those dates in the place of the iron bridge of today there was a concrete bridge which had two divisions and the name of the district comes from that. Köprübaşı which became municipality in 1968, became a district on 20 May 1990.
[Köprübaşı Vocational School]
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 4 November 2017