This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

São Lourenço do Bairro Commune (Portugal)

Freguesia de São Lourenço do Bairro, Concelho de Anadia, Distrito de Aveiro

Last modified: 2016-04-03 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sao lourenco do bairro | pallet | barrulet | coronet | grapevine |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[São Lourenço do Bairro commune] 2:3 image by Sérgio Horta, 4 Apr 2016
See also:

About the Flag

It is a typical Portuguese communal flag, with the coat of arms centred on afield quartered of yellow and purple.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Apr 2016

Coat of arms

Shield Or parted into nine quarters by two pallets Sable and two barrulets Sable, heart point charged with a royal coronet Gules, dexter and sinister points of chief and base each one charged with a grapevine Purpure leaved Vert. (If it is better, we could say: All charges are ordered in quincunx). Mural crown Argent with four visible towers (town rank) and white scroll with inscription in black capitals "S. LOURENÇO DO BAIRRO".
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Apr 2016

Flag and arms published in the official journal Diário da República: III Série on 28 April 1997
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Apr 2016

Presentation of São Lourenço do Bairro

São Lourenço do Bairro Commune is one of the ten communes of Anadia Municipality; it had 2414 inhabitants in 2011 and covers 15.4 km². t had been a town and seat of a municipality from 1514 to 1853. It was downgraded to a village in 1801, having then just 1025 inhabitants.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 Apr 2016

back to Anadia Communes click here