Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: widuchowa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1159 by the Pomeranian Bishop Adalbert.
In 1278 - included in Brandenburg as a result of wars with the Piasts.
In 1302 - returned to the domain of the Szczecin Principality.
In 1347 - granted the city right by Prince Barnim III, also the Coat of Arms, which was restored recently.
In 1648 - conquered by the Swedes
In 1679 - back in the realm of Brandenburg
Became an important center of grains trade
In 1872 - building of the sugar mill and the railroad
In 1945 - during the Soviet offensive destroyed in 80%
Became just a village, although, never lost, formally, the city rights.
Arms and flag adopted on November 10, 2000 (resolution # XIX/195/2000).
"Arms: on a golden shield three red towers (of which the middle one is the tallest) standing on a bridge.
Under the bridge a white swan floating on blue water.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio of the length to width
Along the bottom edge of the flag six wavy lines.
At the left side a golden wheel, partially obscured by wavy lines.
On the background of that wheel a silhouette of a white swan."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 27 Nov 2008