Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: wladyslawow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Established as a town in 1727 by Władysław Jan Kretkowski of the noble
Coat of Arms " Dołęga", Voivode of Chełmno.
In 1728, the town was owned by the Gurowski family of the noble Coat of Arms "Wczele".
Since 1738 the main industry of the town became weaving. It attracted settlers from as far as Bohemia and Saxony.
In 1793 the town found itself under Prussian rule as a result of the second partition of Poland.
In 1807 was included in Grand Duchy of Warsaw
In 1815 became part of (Russian) Congress Kingdom of Poland
In 1870 the Russians took away the city rights of Władysławów
Soccer team: GLKS Znicz Władysławów
"Commune Władysławów is located in the South-East part of Wielkopolska province, between Konin and Turek. It is a rural commune with mostly arable land but the natural features of the soil are very poor ( IV, V ). That is why the most of local people are employed beyond the village.
The main employer in this region is local colliery of brown coal "Władysławów" KWB "Adamów" SA.
Besides that the villagers of commune are employed at neighbour coal-mines and power stations in Konin and Turek. In this region there is a lot of small companies.
The amount of registered companies in REGON system is 240 – most of this firms run trade and joinery.
There also another companies such as Communal Co-operative Society "Sch", Co-operative Society of Rural Circuses, Branch of Co-operative Bank, Branch of PKO, Branch of ING Bank Śląski, "PO-BUD" and two post-offices, police-station, Health Service Centre "Medyk", Community Centre, Public Library, five elementary schools, grammar school and nursery school.
There has been working "Adamów" coal-mine for a few years." (website)
Arms adopted in March 2001 and confirmed, together with brand new flag,
on February 27, 2003 (resolution # 22/03).
"Arms: combine the elements of the Kretkowskis Coat of Arms "Dołęga" - a silver horseshoe topped with the golden cavalier cross and the silver arrow pointing down - with the "chessboard" from the Gurowski's Coat of Arms "Wczele".
Flag: is of colors: silver (white)-blue-gold (yellow) as per addendum
# 3 to the resolution."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Nov 2008