Last modified: 2020-08-22 by christopher oehler
Keywords: yang-yang county | gangwon-do | south korea |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Tomislav Šipek, 24 October 2019
New flag is white with new mark.
Tomislav Šipek, 24 October 2019
image by Blas Delgado
- The white background symbolizes innocence.
- The red circle in the middle represents the Spirit of the East Sea.
- Six horizontal green lines (three on each side) represent the six agricultural townships that make up Yang-yang District.
- The symbol in the middle of the flag represents the mountains. It designates Yang-yang as a destination for tourists interested in experiencing Korea's natural beauty.
- The color green of the horizontal lines represents the peace and unity of the six townships in Yang-yang.
- The arrangement of the horizontal lines and circles represent the Korean character for Yang-yang.