This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Iborfia (Zala, Hungary)

Iborfia község

Last modified: 2013-12-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: iborfia | zala |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Zoltan Horvath, 28 December 2011

See also:


The new flag and coat of arms of Iborfia community, Zala county can be seen here:
István Molnár, 19 July 2011

Iborfia is a small village in middle area of Zala county. It was mentioned first time in 1237 as Yborfa. Probably, its name comes from a male name, current form has been used since 1773. It was populated by mainly noble people till 1848. Iborfa has always been a small village, its current population is only 12.
Flag is white with red and green vertical stripes at fly. Its coat of arms is placed at one-third lenght from the hoist.
Two lions represents noble origin, the belfry on blue field symbolizes togetherness and faith, while agricultural devices and wheet on green field stands for current life of the population, and its natural environment.
Zoltan Horvath, 28 December 2011

Coat of Arms

image by Zoltan Horvath, 28 December 2011