Last modified: 2015-08-10 by ivan sache
Keywords: distomo-arachova-antikyra | antikyra |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Distomo-Arachova-Antikyra (Δίστομο-Αράχοβα-Αντίκυρα, 8,188 inhabitants in 2011; 29,270 ha) is made since the 2011 local government reform of the merger of the three former municipalities of Antikyra (Αντίκυρα, 1,537 inh.), Arachova (Αράχοβα, 2,770 ha) and Distomo (4,368 inh., Δίστομο).
Olivier Touzeau, 15 December 2012
Flag of Antikyra - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 15 December 2012
The former municipality of Antikyra is located near the site of the ancient settlement Anticyra. The municipality was made of the villages of Antikyra, birdered by its famous beach, Agia Sotira (Αγία Σωτήρα) and Agios Isidoros (Άγιος Ισίδωρος).
The flag of the former municipality was dark blue with a wide red border separated by a thin golden line on each side (Kokkonis website). In the middle of the flag is the emblem of the municipality, including on a white disk a representation of god Poseidon with his right foot "resting" upon a dolphin and its trident in the right hand, around it the name of the municipality (ΔΗΜΟΣ ΑΝΤΙΚΥΡΕΩΝ) above and beneath the writing Αντίκυρα η Πόλη του Ποσειδώνα (Antikyra the City of Poseidon).
The emblem dates back to 1879 (Royal Decree of 11 October 1879).
Olivier Touzeau & Paraskevas Renesis, 15 December 2012