This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Korydallos (Municipality, Greece)


Last modified: 2014-11-15 by ivan sache
Keywords: korydallos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Korydallos]         [Flag of Korydallos]

Flag of Korydallos, left, new municipality, right, former municipality - Images by Olivier Touzeau, 29 May 2014

See also:

Presentation of Korydallos

The municipality of Korydallos (63,445 inhabitants in 2011, 432 ha) is a northern suburb of Piraeus.
The municipality was not changed with the 2011 local government reform.

Korydallos was founded in ancient times, and was one of the 100 municipalities in ancient Attica at the end of the 6th century BC. Two hundred years later, Korydallos was known as Koutsoukari after the property owner of the greater area, Emmanouil Koutsikaris. After that it was renamed into Pachy after the next owner (Pachinas). In 1923, the town was renamed back into its ancient name, Korydallos.
In 1946 Korydallos became a municipality and a town. The town is the home of the Korydallos prisons.

Olivier Touzeau, 28 October 2013

Flag of Korydallos

The flag of the new municipality of Korydallos (photo) is white with a dark red-white-green border and the municipal emblem in the center.
The flag of the former municipality of Korydallos (Kokkonis website) was white with the municipality's emblem - featuring a bird, a wheel, and a jar - and name in a semi-circle.

Olivier Touzeau, 29 May 2014