This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Aldea Real (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-01-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: aldea real | segovia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Presentation of Aldea Real

The municipality of Aldea Real (353 inhabitants in 2010; 2,528 ha; presentation) is located in the centre of Segovia Province, 35 km from Segovia.

Aldea Real, known since 1246 century as Aldea del Rey (The King's Village), took its modern name in 1910-1920. The name of the village indicates a royal foundation, possibly in the 11th-12th centuries during the resettlement of the area. The village increased in the 13th century, as evidenced by the building of a church, of which only the bell tower has been preserved during its rebuilding in the 16th century.

Ivan Sache, 24 June 2011

Symbols of Aldea Real

The flag and arms of Aldea Real are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 29 April 2003 by the Municipal Council, signed on 29 August 2003 by the Mayor, and published on 10 September 2003 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 175, p. 12,099 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Rectangular flag with proportions 2:3, made of three horizontal stripes with proportions 1/2, 1/4 and 1/4, the upper stripe red with a yellow Royal crown open, the central stripe white and the lower stripe purple.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a village [aldea] argent ensigned with a Royal Crown open or, 2. Argent the facade of the town hall gules, a bordure purple four garbs of three spikes or. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.

The municipal symbols were unveiled on 19 April 2003. The municipality selected one of the two proposals designed by Vicente Tocino Letrado and Tomás Rodríguez Peñas. Copies of documents signed by the Mayor of Aldea Real in September 1878, kept in the National Historical Archives, state that the municipality used since the early 1860s a seal representing the main facade of the town hall, with gates, gallery and roof, surrounded by the old name of the village, "Aldea del Rey" (El Adelantado de Segovia, 22 April 2003).

Ivan Sache, 24 June 2011