This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Arabayona de Mógica (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-01-03 by ivan sache
Keywords: arabayona de mógica | salamanca |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Arabayona de Mógica - Image by "Willy" (Enciclopedia Libre Universal en Español), 9 May 2011

See also:

Presentation of Arabayona de Mógica

The municipality of Arabayona de Mógica (443 inhabitants in 2010; 2,326 ha) is located 25 km from Salamanca.

Arabayona de Mógica was originally known as Hornillo, mentioned for the first time in 1265 as Forniellos. The village was probably resettled at the end of the 11th century by Raymond of Burgundy as a Leonese post watching the border with Castile.
On 19 December 1655, King Philip IV granted Hornillos to Rodrigo de Múxica y Valdés, War Councillor of the king. On 9 July 1662, the lord of the village was allowed to rename it Aramayona de Múxica.

Ivan Sache, 9 May 2011

Symbols of Arabayona de Mógica

The flag and arms of Arabayona de Mógica are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 4 September 1992 by the Salamanca Provincial Government, signed on 20 December 1993 by the President of the Government, and published on 11 January 1994 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 6 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Quadrangular. Vertically divided, with the colours of the coat of arms, blue and white, but in a distinct position from the arms to prevent confusion.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Azure three ovens [hornillos] (the number of plenitude), 2. Argent a branch of bramble proper. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.

Ivan Sache, 9 May 2011