Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: anguix |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Anguix - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 4 January 2014
The municipality of Anguix (159 inhabitants in 2009; 1,344 ha; municipal website) is located 70 km of Burgos.
Anguix was one of the 33 villages forming the Community of the Town and Land of Roa, set up in 1143 by King Alfonso VII. In 1591, Anguix was listed as part of the Land of Roa, ruled by the Duke of Siruelo. In 1842, the municipality of Anguis, part of the Old Castile Region, had 324 inhabitants. Wines produced in Anguix belong to the well-known Ribera del Duero group.
Ivan Sache, 29 November 2010
The flag and arms (photo) of Anguix are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 24 March 2006 by the Municipal Council, signed on 7 April 2006 by the Mayor, and published on 30 May 2006 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 103, p. 10,208 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular (1:1). Green, charged with two yellow and white gyrons, of 0.2 in base and 0.7 in width, in the middle of the flag the municipal coat of arms
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Vert a snake argent half coiled half issuant langued gules in chief a six-pointed star or, 2. Vert a calvary argent. Grafted in base, Or a grapevine plant fructed sable leaved vert. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.
The name of the designer of the symbols is not given, but the description is quite similar to that of symbols designed by Friar Valentín de la Cruz, the official Chronicler of Province of Burgos, for other municipalities in the province.
Ivan Sache, 29 November 2010mailme.html