This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Alexandria Navigation Company (Egypt)

Last modified: 2010-02-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: alexandria navigation company |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Alexandria Navigation Company] image by Ian MacDonald, 22 February 2010

See also:

Description of the flag

Stewart 1953 and 1957 editions show a green pennant with a narrow white horizontal band between, in hoist, two yellow stars.
Neale Rosanoski, 23 January 2010

Pre-1953 flag

[Alexandria Navigation Company] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 March 2009

It is a plain green pennant with white capitals “ANC”.
Source: E.C. Talbot-Booth, House-flags & funnels of British and Foreign shipping companies” London 1937
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 March 2009

Alexandria Navigation Co., SAE was based in Alexandria and was formed in 1931 with involvement by the British firm Watts, Watts & Co. Ltd. They appear to have sold the last of their fleet in 1959. There are supposed to be white dots after the letters which are very faint in their showing in the Talbot-Booth 1937 source used by Klaus-Michael and it is only in the larger images shown in his Merchant Ships 1942 and 1944 books, together with Brown 1951, that the dots appear clearly.
Neale Rosanoski, 23 January 2010