This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Toacaso Parish (Cotopaxi, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: cotopaxi | latacunga | toacaso |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



  image by Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018


See also:


Overview

The rural parish of Toacaso (7,591 inhabitants) is located in the north-west of Latacunga canton (Cotopaxi province).

Toacaso was established on 13 June 1645, as San Antonio de Toacaso, by the cacique Jéronimo Mainaloa, Bartolomé Cando Zumba, and the missionary Diego Cañaveral. The inhabitants of Toacaso, scattered over 35 boroughs and communities, belong to the Panzaleo nation, aka Cotopaxi Kichwa.

http://toacaso.gob.ec/
Official website
Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018


The Flag

The official website presents two flags (and three coats of arms), without further explanation. The first flag is horizontally divided green-white-green, while the second is vertically divided in seven stripes, in turn green and white.

http://toacaso.gob.ec/cotopaxi/?p=75
Official website
Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018