Last modified: 2014-05-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: napo | carlos julio arosemena tola |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 19 October 2008
The canton was formed on 7 August 1998.
The flag and the coat of arms are shown as drawings on a PDF document available on the website of the Association of Ecuadorian Municipalities.
The very same symbols are erroneously assigned to the Canton of Archidona, the same document being shown under the heading "Cantonal symbols of Archidona":
Here is the translation of the text shown at <ecuador.derecho.org> (defunct - located by Falko Schmidt, 12 November 2001) partially reproduced on the municipal website:
- The canton's flag is made of three colours, green, white and yellow, arranged in horizontal and triangular panels, with the green and white colours in greater proportion and the yellow colour in lesser triangular proportion. The flag has the following characteristics:
- The canton's flag is made of three colours, green, white and yellow; its overall shape is rectangular, green and white colouring horizontally two equal stripes. The yellow colour forms a triangle covering one third of the flag; its point reaches the edge of the green and white colours.
- Green means the fauna and flora biodiversity included in the ancient forest, the ecotourism resource of our canton, and also the hope of a better future for the inhabitants.
- Yellow means the gold of our rivers and soils, the agronomic resources, the climate and the hospitality of the inhabitants.
- White means God's kindness, purity, truth, the helping hand offered to those in need, peace and understanding of natural and human adversity."
Ivan Sache, 19 October 2008