Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: tirschenreuth county | lion(golden) | crowned | dragon | demi-dragon | bar(blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-yellow-blue stripes. In 1973, the former Tirschenreuth county was merged with Kemnath.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000
Stefan Schwoon, 7 Aug and 1 Oct 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
"The new arms were granted on March 1, 1974, and combine the old arms with the blue bar taken from the arms of the former Kemnath county. The bar is derived from the arms of the Counts of Leuchtenburg."
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996
Santiago Dotor, 14 Jan 2004
Yellow-red, adopted. In 1973, the county was merged with Kemnath and a new flag was approved afterwards.
Stefan Schwoon, 7 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 2 October 1957. The arms display the crowned, golden Palatine lion , as the county historically belonged to the Pfalz. The dragon is the legendary arms of Count Diepold of Cham-Vohburg, who founded the abbey in Waldsassen. This abbey acquired a huge territory until 1804 when it was dismantled. The abbey also used the dragon in its arms. Most of the county was owned by the abbey.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.88
Santiago Dotor, 7 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here