This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Teltow City (Germany)

Stadt Teltow, Landkreis Potsdam-Mittelmark, Brandenburg

Last modified: 2019-03-30 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: teltow | eagle(red) | oak(branch) | inescutcheon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Teltow city flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2019 See also:

Teltow City

Teltow Flag

It is a red-white-red horizontal triband and ratio of stripes 1:2:1. The coat of arms is in the middle of the white stripe.
Source: this online catalogue and 2(3) of local Hauptstzung, version 2018
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2019

Teltow Banner

[Teltow city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2019

It is a red-white-red veritcal triband and ratio of stripes 1:2:1. The coat of arms is in the middle of the white stripe.
Source: this online catalogue and 2(3) of local Hauptstzung, version 2018
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2019

Teltow Tricolour


[Teltow city tricolour] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Mar 2005

It is a red-black-white vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Sources: this online catalogue and 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of the city of Teltow, version 10 October 2001.
Jörg Majewski, 24 Mar 2005

Teltow Coat of Arms

[Teltow CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Mar 2005

Shield Gules, between two oak branches Argent of two leaves and five acorns a triangular inescutcheon Argent charged with an eagle Gules armed Or and topped by a 6-point star Argent.
Meaning:
Teltow has been a city since 1265. The origin of the arms are unknown. the 1st seal from 1289 just displayed the eagle of Brandenbur. The 2nd seal from the early 19th century displayed the Prussian eagle with sword and balance in his claws. From the 19th century until 1912 the city used different arms, displaying a gate with a crown on its open doors.
Sources: Ralf Hartemink's webpage and 2(1) of local Hauptsatzung, version 2018
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2019

The arms were granted on 15 January 1912 and confirmed on 4 August 2004. Former flag and banner were approved on 17 December 2003.
Jörg Majewski, 24 Mar 2005


back to Potsdam-Mittelmark cities and municipalities click here