This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Erdmannhausen (Germany)

Gemeinde Erdmannhausen, Kreis Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: erdmannhausen | chief | antler | crozier(issuant) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Erdmannhausen municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Apr 2013
approved 18/19 October 1954 See also:

Municipality of Erdmannhausen

Erdmannhausen Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a celestial blue - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 15 September 2003 during a street festival.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Apr 2013

Erdmannhausen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a celestial blue shield is a golden (= yellow) crozier issuant. The golden (= yellow) chief is superimposed by a black antler.
The antler is symbolizing Württemberg. The crozier is symbolizing Murrhardt Monastery, to which the local church, dedicated to St. Januarius, belonged. The 18th century seal (used since 1772) of the village showed a crozier as a symbol for the monastery. The original symbol of the village was not clearly recognized and the crozier had an S-shaped form, which was used on seals until 1954.
Source: Heinz Bardua: "Kreis- und Gemeindewappen in Baden-Württemberg", vol.1; Stuttgart 1987

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 18/19 October 1954 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 497/1954.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Apr 2013

back to Ludwigsburg cities and municipalities click here