Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: biblis | plough | water-lily |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is off-centred quartered of white and red. The coat of arms is on the common point of all quarters.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 9 August 1966
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 1 July 2006
Shield Azure, an old fashioned plough Argent, in base a water-lily Argent.
The plough has been the symbol of the village from the 16th century. The seals of the local court displayed the plough until 1607, when the flower was added. The flower was a symbol of the reed landscape on the banks of the Rhine. The colours were taken from the arms of Bavaria, as the village was pawned to the Palatinate, a dominion of the Wittelsbach kin, from 1461-1623.
The arms were approved in 1950 by Minister of Interior of Hesse.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.22
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 May 2017
back to Bergstraße Cities and Municipalities Page click here