This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Neudenau City (Germany)

Stadt Neudenau, Landkreis Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-20 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neudenau | wheel(8 spokes) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Neudenau city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017 See also:

Neudenau City

Neudenau Banner

It is a white-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017

Neudenau Coat of Arms

Shield Gules an 8-spokes wheel Argent.
Neudenau had been a city before 1263. It is assumed that Friedrich II granted city rights in 1236. Neudenau had been owned by Amorbach Abbey as a fiefdom of the Bishopric of Würzburg. Since 1276 the city was owned by local kins, before it finally became a possession of the Archbishopric of Mainz in 1364 until 1802, together with the namesake castle. The oldest seal with prints since 1542 existed since the early 15th century. Like other cities the arms only displayed the wheel of the Electorate of Mainz, but with eight spokes as a distinguishing mark. Between 1803 and 1806 the wheel was replaced by three eagles from the arms of the Princes of Leiningen. The wheel was restored in 1900.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.76

The arms were approved in 1900 by Minister of Interior of Baden.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Nov 2017

back to Heilbronn cities and municipalities click here