This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bad Friedrichshall City (Germany)

Stadt Bad Friedrichshall, Landkreis Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-20 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bad friedrichshall | parted per pale | orb | barrulet(wavy) | horse(forcene) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Bad Friedrichshall city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Nov 2017 See also:

Bad Friedrichshall City

Bad Friedrichshall Banner

It is a blue-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Nov 2017

Bad Friedrichshall Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale, at dexter Argent an orb Azure with clasp Argent and cross Sable over three barrulets wavy Azure, at sinister Azure a horse forcene Argent.
Bad Friedrichshall was built from three municipalities in 1933/1935. It gained city rights in 1951. The barrulets are representing the local rivers Neckar, Jagst and Kocher. The orb is taken from the local seal of former Jagstfeld Municipality, already known since 1797. The horse is taken from the arms of former Kocherfeld Municipality. It was known from seals since 1820. Kocherfeld had been a market town since 1559. In 1599 the Holzpfalzgraf Johann Erhard Hettinger granted arms, which however had been considered as illegal.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.18

The arms were adopted by the city in 1936 and confirmed in 1963 by Minister of Interior of Baden-Württemberg.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Nov 2017

back to Heilbronn cities and municipalities click here