This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dörzbach Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Dörzbach, Hohenlohekreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: doerzbach | bar | scallops(3) | wheel |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Dörzbach municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2017 See also:

Dörzbach Municipality

Dörzbach Banner

It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2017

Dörzbach Coat of Arms

A fess paly of four of Argent and Gules, in chief Argent three scallops Gules ordered 2:1, in base Sable a 5-spokes wheel Argent.
Emperor Rudolf II granted market right and a coat of arms on 27 June 1583 on behalf of Baron Valentin of Berlichingen, the owner of the village. The arms connected the wheel of the Barons of Berlichingen above with the fess of the Lords of Dörzbach below. In 1601 the village was sold to the Lords of Eyb. The wheel was replaced by the three scallops from their family arms. In 1931 the local council added the wheel of Berlichingen on a blue background in base of the shield. The background colours of scallops and wheel had been corrected.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

Banner and the improved arms were approved on 2 February 1970 by Minister of Interior of Baden-Württemberg.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2017

back to Hohenlohe cities and municipalities click here