This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bad Grund Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Bad Grund, Landkreis Göttingen, Lower Saxony

Last modified: 2017-08-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bad grund | bad grund(bergstadt) | gittelde | tricolour | penny | key |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Bad Grund municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 1 Aug 2017 See also:

Bad Grund Municipality

Current Flag

Description of current flag:
It is a black over green over yellow horizontal tricolour.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.18
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 1 Aug 2017

Bergstadt Bad Grund City Plain Flag reported 1891

[Bad Grund city plain flag 1891] 1:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 20 Nov 2011

The ratio is given as 1:2. It was a black over yellow over green horizontal tricolour. The information is confirmed by Stadler 1970, p.18.
Source:H.Ahrens "Hannoversche Landschafts-und Städtewappen", 1891, plate XX
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 20 Nov 2011

Gittelde Market Town (- 2013)

Gittelde Flag

[Gittelde market town flag (- 2013)] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Aug 2017

It is a red-white-red horizontal triband with ratio of stripes approx. 3:7:3 with centred arms exceeding the white stripe.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Aug 2017

Gittelde Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
Shield Gules, two keys Argent in pale, over all a plate charged with a wooden church crowned by across and a circumscription "GELITHIES PENING".
The original name of the town had been "Gelithi". Already in the 10th century it was famous for mining of different metals and it became a mint in 965. Coins were made until the 17th century. The plate is referring to the mint. It is a local silver penny from the early 11th century. Remarkable is its circumscription in German. The keys are taken from the crest of the Lords of Gittelde. On 1 March 2013 Gittelde joined the new Bad Grund municipality, which had been a comprehensive municipality before.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.42
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Aug 2017

back to Göttingen cities and municipalities click here.