This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Adelebsen Market Town (Germany)

Flecken Adelebsen, Landkreis Göttingen, Lower Saxony

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: adelebsen | chequered | donjon | inescutcheon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Adelebsen market town flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 1 Aug 2017 See also:

Current Flag

Description of current flag:
It is a blue over white horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: Klaus Günther: "Neugefundene Kommunalflaggen", in Der Flaggenkurier, edition 1 May 2017, pp.23-31
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 1 Aug 2017

Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
Shield chequered of six of Azure and Argent, over all an inescutcheon Azure with bordure Or, displaying an embattled wall Argent, crowned bei a donjon Argent.
In the 13th century the Lords of Wibbecke built a castle in Adelebsen and since then renamed themselves to Barons of Adelebsen. The castle was transformed to a manor house with a mansard roof in 1740, which had been displayed on seals of the market town in the 19th century. In 1948 the market town gained its first arms: a shield quarterly parted of blue and white and charged with a black crystal, representing the basalt cones around Adelebsen. The inescutcheon was added in 1956 and the number of quarters increased to six. The Adelebsen kin died out in 1957.
The current arms were approved in 1956.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.15
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 1 Aug 2017

back to Göttingen cities and municipalities click here.