Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: trebur | annulet |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a red-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 19 December 1985
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 14 June 2006
Shield Gules an annulet Or, from annulet three wavy lines of the same set per pall reversed and emerging to the edges of shield.
The arms display the local village symbol, which appeared first on boundary stones in the 18th century. The symbol also appeared on the chain of office of the Mayor in the 19th century. The old seals of Trebur display St. Lawrence, the local patron saint. The origin of the arms is not known, but is now explained as the confluence of Rhein, Neckar and Main rivers.
The arms were approved in 1927, when also the colours of the Counts of Katzenelnbogen were chosen.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.86
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Apr 2017
back to Groß-Gerau Cities and Municipalities Page click here