This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Poppenhausen (Wasserkuppe) Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Poppenhausen an der Wasserkuppe, Landkreis Fulda, Kassel District, Hesse

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: poppenhausen(wasserkuppe) | bannerhead | counterchanged | wheels(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Poppenhausen (Wasserkuppe) municipal banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 18 Oct 2006
approved 29 October 1961 and confirmed 2 March 1973 See also:

Poppenhausen (Wasserkuppe) Municipality

It is a black-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is in a white bannerhead.
inhabitants: 2,660
Fulda County
Kassel District , state Hesse
banner approved on 29 October 1961 and confirmed on 2 March 1973
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.75
Jörg Majewski, 18 Oct 2006

Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale of Argent and Sable, three 5-spokes wheels ordered 2:1 in counterchanged colours.
The arms are based on the arms of the medieval Lords of Steinau-Steinrück, who had wide spread possessions in the area as vassals of the Bishops of Würzburg and the Abbots of Fulda. As their ancestral seat in Steinau was destroyed in 1287, they built a new castle in Poppenhausen. The village became a part of the Fulda Abbey in 1619 and a part of Bavaria from 1806 to 1866.
The arms were approved in 1951 to Poppenhausen an der Wasserkuppe.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.75
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 June 2017

back to Fulda Cities and Municipalities Page click here