Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hilders | franconian rake | initial | mural crown |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is off-centred quartered of white and red. The coat of arms, topped by a yellow mural crown, is on the common point of all quarters, topped by a yellow mural crown.
Kassel District , state Hesse
banner in use since 12 Sep 2000
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 16 Oct 2006
Shield Gules, chapé of three Argent, in base a black serifed initial "H".
Since 1342 the village was ruled completely by the Bishopric of Würzburg. Under the rule of the bishops Hilders became seat of a subcounty (Amt) and a court (Centgericht). Already fortified in the late Middle Ages, the village gained the staus of a market town in 1798 by Bishop Georg Karl zu Fechenbach. In the 16th century the village several times was pawned to other kins and thus never had proper symbols before the 17th century. The arms display the Franconian rake, which also is part of the arms of the bishopric. The initial as a distinguishing mark is the proper symbol of the municipality.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.49
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 10 June 2017
back to Fulda Cities and Municipalities Page click here