Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ortenberg | ring wall | towers(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a vertical 5-stripes banner blue-yellow-white-yellow-blue. The white stripe has double width. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved in 1967
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 11 June 2006
Shield Or, an embattled ring wall Gules masoned Sable with port Or, inside the wall three towers Gules roofed Azure with windows Sable.
Ortenberg gained city rights in 1266 from the Lords (later Princes) of Isenburg. Prints of the oldest seal exist since 1318. Until 1800 all seals had more or less the current pattern, the fortified city with three towers. The pattern was first used as coat of arms at the entrance of the local city hall in 1605, later on also on the bell of the city hall and the city's inn.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.74
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 21 May 2017
back to Wetterau Cities and Municipalities Page click here