This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Feuchtwangen County until 1972 (Mittelfranken District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Feuchtwangen

Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis feuchtwangen | feuchtwangen county | square (white) | coat of arms (arches: 2) | coat of arms (arches: black) | coat of arms: inescutcheon (eagle: black) | coat of arms: inescutcheon (per fess dancetty) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Feuchtwangen County until 1972 (Mittelfranken District, Bavaria, Germany)]
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 25th June 1954, flag adopted 2nd September 1954, abolished 30th June 1972

See also:


Black-white with the arms in the 'head' of the flag, adopted 02.09.1954. Feuchtwagen was incorporated to Ansbach during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 20 August 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted on June 25, 1954.

The main part of the arms shows part of the monastery of Feuchtwangen, which was founded in 800. The area belonged from 1376-1791 to the Markgraves of Nürnberg and the main colours, black and silver, are taken from the arms of the Markgraves from the dynasty Hohenzollern-Brandenburg-Ansbach. Until 1376 the city of Feuchtwangen was an imperial city, hence the imperial eagle. The other shield shows the arms of Franconia, the part of Bavaria in which the area is situated.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003