This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Zlín city (Czechia)

Zlin okres, Zlin region

Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: zlin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Zlín flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 20 Apr 2002
adopted 15 Jul 1993 See also:

Zlín city flag

Zlín was renamed Gottwaldov in 1950, but got its old name back after the 'velvet revolution', in 1990. It had (1999) 81.851 inhabitants, with special skills in shoe-making. The flag was adopted 15 Jul 1993.
Jarig Bakker, 30 June 2000.

Zlin's banner - Description:
The banner has 5 lengtwise stripes blue, yellow, blue, yellow and blue with the ratio 1:1:2:1:1.In the middle of the wider blue stripe is a yellow 8 point star.The ratio length of the banner is 3:2.
22.9.1993 The city council decides to try out a public competition for Zlin's banner.
18.7.1991 Competition is announced
22.9.1993 Zlin's representatives on city's council's advice approve proposal no.14 by Mr Miroslav J. V. Pavlu.
22.9.1993 Proposal by presidium CNR to grant the banner to Zlin
22.9.1994 Banner is granted to Zlin by the Parlament
22.9.1995 Festive hanging of the banner by the city mayor
Information from this website.
Jarig Bakker, 10 Feb 2002

Zlín city Coat of Arms

[Zlín Coat of Arms] image and info from this website, located by Jarig Bakker, 10 Feb 2002

City Symbol: Desciption:
On the blue shield stands on green grass a golden tower with an open gate, with two windows on the bottom floor and four on the top floor, also with an oblique barred roof with a broken through crest, so on the top are two points with crosses.On top of the roof is also an 8 point sternberk star.
History: The city Zlin used it's city symbol from at least the 15th century (first mentioning of the symbol was in 1463.The oldest known form of the symbol is on a seal from 1589. From the middle ages until now the symbol remained basically the same with no major changes.In this form the symbol is picture depicted, by the creator Frantisek Kysela and was approved by the Ministry of Interior on the 25th of January 1936 (original-State region Archive in Zlin)