This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Archlebov (Czech Republic)
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: archlebov |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 22 May 2002
adopted 22 Jan 2001
Archlebov municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2001)
- Archlebov, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 22 Jan 2001.
911 inhabitants - The oldest reference of the village dates back to
1349, in 1437 it became a town, in possession of the Ždánice domain in
the 16th century. A chapel was build in 1447 near a stronghold and farmstead.
A rustic Baroque parish church dedicated to St. Rochus and Sebastian was
built at the place of former chapel in 1729-31. The church is complemented
by a wall all around, Baroque Calvary consisting of holy rood, statues
of the Virgin and St. John. A small monument of architecture with a statue
of St. Jan Nepomucký dating back to the 18th century can be found at the
village green. Old traditions and customs slowly revive. There are about
200 folk costumes preserved and occasionally used in the village. Well-known
tradition is local colouring eggs as well as advanced viniculture
Source: Hodonin district.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004
Archlebov Coat of Arms
from this site.