Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: trinec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Třinec is a city with 40.000 inhabitants. The first trace of the present
parts of Třinec (Guty, Koňská, Dolní Lišná, Horní Lišná) dated back to
the beginning of the 14th century. The first written trace of Třinec itself
dated back to 1444. People in that region had worked in farming and weaving
until 1839, when iron works were put into operation. Fast development of
metallurgy speeded up development of the town. In 1931 Třinec was advanced
to town. The central emblem refers to the city's iron works.
Source: This webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 4 May 2002
The description of Třinec Arms was already in book Mestske znaky
v Ceskych zemich from Jiri Carek, published by Academia Praha 1985
in cooperation with Archives Administration of Ministry of Intern of the
Czech Socialist Republic. This book says among other things:
Třinec, Dist. Frýdek - Místek, (MěstNV - this means that community has (in 1985) a City/Town National Committee)
A settlement proved already in 1444, town status in 1931. Třinec councilors used on seals and stamps an old sign (a tree with two clasped hands in front). Just since April 1968 discussions about Coat of Arms on local National Council has begun. The "plenum" of MestNV adopted in May 14, 1969 a proposal by Jiři Louda.
Description of the Arms:
Azure a Těšín Eagle Or armed and langued Gules. It has a Gothic escutcheon Gules on breast, charged with white ball, bordered sable, in it a triangle voided of the same, from its sides are three hammers of different shapes rising (it is sign or emblem of Třinecke zelezarny, Trinec Iron Works).
Aleš Křížan, 5 May 2002
The symbol is logo of the Třinec Iron and Steel Works (see attachment).
On this website is a picture of the
symbol, but the design of hammers (želízek, irons) is slightly diferent
from the logo on www.trz.cz.
Petr Exner, 7 May 2002