Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: nizni lhoty |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Morávka river basin was colonized quite early; the first written note about Nižní Lhoty is in extant paper from 1305. The village was founded in the middle of 13th and 14th century. The village came under Těšín prince command in 1434 and became a security article when Frydek and surrounding villages were given as security to Arnošt of Tvorkov. Name Nižní Lhoty we met first in 1573, when Frydek area was sold by Těšín Princ Václav to brothers Matthew and George from Logov. In the oldest ground book from 1607 to 1739 is the village noted as Nižní Lhoty.
The village has typical agriculture-pastoral character at this time. The fact that a route which went through valley to mountain area in 18th century went aside of village centre make it segregated and slowed down economic development. The village position in Morávka River bottom land predestined often big waters or for example destructive hailstorm in 1866. The social development is visible in inhabitant's tendency to have common education. Since 1870 was teaching in private house no.27 up to 1875 was built school where taught till 1962 when was the school disturbed because of children absence. The education and culture life cared clubs which has risen since 1921. The first club in the village was The Red Heard Group (1921) then The Silesian Folk Education Matrix later was found Voluntary firemen brigade (1926) which built fire house in 1931 and The Sport Club (1940). The library contributes by the education without question; founded in 1920.
The village was hardly touched by both World Wars. One village section fell to Poland in 1938 because of boundary between Czechoslovakia and Poland. Nižní Lhoty became part of Nošovice in 1960. In 1975 was made new integrated village Dobrá where was included Nižní Lhoty village also as local part Dobrá 3 - Nižní Lhoty.
In referendum in 1990 Nižní Lhoty inhabitants decided and obtained the
independency and village municipal government. The village built water
pipe canal, surface gas-service, bus stops, iron bridge through Morávka
River, new municipal office building with social hall, multipurpose child
ground and reconstructed firehouse.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jun 2008