This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (J) - Part 4

Last modified: 2021-01-16 by rob raeside
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


José Manuel Rodríguez Torices, Instituto Nacional de Educación Media

image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2021

INEM José Manuel Rodríguez Torices was established in Cartagena (Bolívar) by Decree No. 1963 issued in 1969 and amended by Decree No. 1,085 issued on 8 June 1971. Classes started on 1 March 1971.
The school is named for Cartagena-born José Manuel Rodríguez Torices (1788-1816). One of the signatories of the declaration of independence of the State of Cartagena on 11 November 1811, he was elected President in 1812 and President of the United Provinces of New Granada from 28 July to 17 August 1815. In the aftermath of the Spanish reconquest, he was captured in Popayán and executed in Bogotá.

The flag of INEM José Manuel Rodríguez Torices is horizontally divided white-green.

http://inem-ctg.edu.co/nuestra-institucion/simbolos.html
School website
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2021


José Maria Córdoba, Colegio Nacional

image by Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009

"Colegio Nacional 'José Maria Córdoba'" was founded in 1946 in Montería, Department of Córdoba, as "Colegio de Segunda Enseñenza", and renamed in 1953 "Colegio Nacional 'José Maria Córdoba'" (CONALCO). In 1962, the institute housed the emerging "Universidad Nacional de Córdoba".
The institute is named after General José Maria Córdova (1799-1829), a hero of the Wars of Independence against Spain. The Department of Córdoba was also named after him.
The flag of the institute, as shown and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided yellow-red-green.
The colours are inspired by the "national symbology". Yellow represents the Colombian people, red the blood shed in the struggle for sovereignty, and green the aspiration to liberty.
The colours also represent the profile of the educationalist collectivity. Yellow represents light, dynamism and a center of resource and cultural material. Red means distinction and joy of life in an atmosphere of affect and vital reason. Green represents the natural environment.  
Ivan Sache, 13 January 2009


José Maria Córdoba, Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial

image by Ivan Sache, 14 December 2014

Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial José Maria Córdoba was established in El Santuario (Antioquia Department) by State Law No. 80 of 29 November 1962, promulgated on 19 December 1962, as Escuela de Artes y Oficios. Merged by Decree with Liceo San Luis Gonzaga in 1969, the institute recovered its autonomy in 1971 on a juridical basis: the Decree that had invalidated the original State Law was declared null and void (because a Law can be invalidated only by another Law, not by a Decree). The school was renamed Instituto Técnico Industrial Nacional (ITIN) in 1978. In 1979, President of the Republic Julio César Turbay Ayala (1978-1982), when visiting the town for the commemoration of the 150 years of death of General José María Córdoba (1799-1829), decided to rename the institute for the general, a hero of the Wars of Independence against Spain - also the namesake of Córdoba Department. Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial José Maria Córdoba was eventually established by Departmental Resolution No. 696 of 4 February 2003 as the merger of ITIN and Escuela Eusebio María Gómez. The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white with the institute's emblem in the middle. The emblem, designed in 1974 by the student Rodrigo Vargas Ramírez, is made of a disk divided green-white according to the ascending diagonal, charged with a pair of compasses and, in base, a flaming torch, and framed by a golden yellow cogwheel inscribed with the institute's name and place.
Source: http://itinelsantuario.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5  - Institute's website
Photo: http://itinelsantuario.edu.co/images/phocagallery/institucional/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_dsc_0402.jpg 
Ivan Sache, 14 December 2014


José María Potier, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 21 November 2014

Institución Educativa José María Potier dates back to 1924, when His Grace José María Potier, Apostolic Prefect of Arauca, invited the Christian Brother (Lasallians) to Chita (Boyacá Department). They founded Liceo de San Luís Gonzaga and managed it for the next 12 years. The Prefect then founded in 1944 Liceo Pio XII, which was renamed Seminario Misional de la Virgen Milagrosa in 1950. Colegio Seminario José María Potier was established in 1969 as the merger of Seminario La Milagrosa and Colegio José María Potier. Institución Educativa Técnica y Académica José María Potier was established by Resolution No. 2,457 of 6 October 2003 as the merger of Instituto Técnico Agropecuario José María Potier and Colegio Seminario Misional La Milagrosa. The name of the institute was eventually shortened to Institución Educativa José María Potier by Resolution No. 3,173 of 15 December 2008.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided yellow-white-green according to the ascending diagonal. Yellow is a universal symbol of wealth. It recalls the ecclesiastic roots of the institute, once a seminary. It is also a symbol of energy, light and enlightenment. White is a symbol of purity, and especially, of transparency and honesty. Green is a symbol of hope, love for the natural environment and the compromise required to preserve the natural resources.
Source: http://colpotierchita.jimdo.com/simbolos-institucionales/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 21 November 2014


José María Vivas Balcázar, Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial

image by Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014

Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial José María Vivas Balcázar is located in Cali (Valle Department). The institute is named for the poet, writer and educationalist José María Vivas Balcázar (1918-1960), Secretary of the Colombian National Broadcasting Corporation and editor of the review "Las Indias" (see http://victorlopezerazo.blogspot.fr/2009/08/jose-maria-vivas-balcazar.html for a biography and poems).
The flag of the institute, in dimensions 1.50 m x 2.70 m [5:9], is horizontally divided red-gray-green. Red means energy, charity and love. It is a symbol of power, victory, audacity and highness. It is the colour of beautiful flowers, of fire and blood. Gray is a symbol of rectitude, clearness, elation, glory and sanity. Green denotes faith, service, respect, youth and, most of all, hope.
Source: http://ievivasbalcazarcali.amawebs.com/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014


José Miguel de la Calle, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2021

IE José Miguel de la Calle, located in Envigado (Antioquia), is named for Envigado-born priest José Miguel de la Calle (1755-1839). Educated at the famous seminary of his birth town directed by his uncles, Jerónimo and Alberto María de la Calle, he subsequently graduated in Canonical Law at the Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario in Santa Fé de Bogotá. He was ordained priest by Antonio Caballero y Góngora (1723-1796), Metropolitan Archbishop of Santa Fé de Bogotá (1778-1788) and Viceroy of New Granada (1782-1789). His age and health problems prevented him to be appointed Bishop of Antioquia, in spite of the support of his friend José Manuel Restrepo (1781-1863), Minister in Simón Bolívar's government.

https://www.lajose.edu.co
School website

The flag of IE José Miguel de la Calle is horizontally divided white-black-wine red.
White represents the light of science enlightening black, which represents the secrets of work, abnegation, and constancy, which stimulate knowledge and humility. Wine red reflects the permanent struggle of the school's students, prescribed since the foundation by priest José Miguel de la Calle, as pioneers of the emancipating struggle for freedom.

https://www.lajose.edu.co/index2.php?id=76546&;idmenutipo=6730
School website
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2021


José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014

Institución Educativa José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta was established in Copacabana (Antioquia Department) by Decree No. 263 of 13 January 2003, as the merger of Colegio José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta (est. by Resolution No. 1,168 of 9 December 1999), Escuela Urbana Aurelio Tobón, Escuela Urbana Camilo Torres, and Escuela Rural La Veta. The institute is named for José Miguel de Restrepo y Puerta (1755-1829), Governor of Antioquia in 1812.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-emerald green-vermilion red-cyan blue. The four stripes stand for the four components of the institute. Yellow is a symbol of knowledge. Green is a symbol of the natural resources and of peace. Red is a symbol of commitment to learning and harmonious social  interaction. Cyan is a symbol of the religious, ethical and moral values.
Source: http://turko50.jimdo.com/historia-de-la-josé-miguel/ - Institute's historical blog
Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014


José Miguel Silva Plazas, Institución Técnico

image by Ivan Sache, 1 August 2018

Instituto Técnico José Miguel Silva Plazas was established in Duitama (Boyacá Department) in 2002 as the merger of Escuela de la Trinidad, Escuela Quebrada de Becerras, Escuela Santa Ana, and Escuela La Quinta.
http://silvaplazas.edu.co
Official website

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-white-green with the institute's emblem in the center.

Photo
http://silvaplazas.edu.co/blog/post/54/simbolos.html
Ivan Sache, 1 August 2018


José Prieto Arango, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009

"Institución Educativa 'José Prieto Arango'"  is located at Tarso, Department of Antioquia.
The institute is named after José Prieto Arango, one of the founders of the journal "La Tarde" in the neighbouring town of Jericó in the early 20th century.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-yellow.
The flag was designed in 1988 by teachers Marco Tulio Hurtado and Alirio Palacio.
Blue, the colour of heavens, symbolizes highness, desire, spirit and ideal of commitment to be shared by the students.
White, the colour of purity, symbolizes honesty in all our acts.
Yellow, the colour of light, symbolizes intelligence, creativity and dynamism of the youth.
The stripes are equal and horizontal to represent the equity in rights among the students.
Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009


Josefina Muñoz González, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014

Institución Educativa Josefina Muñoz González was established on 28 December 1967 in Rionegro (Antioquia). The institute was renamed IDEM Josefina Muñoz Gonzáles by Decree No. 372 of 8 April 1970, Instituto Técnico Comercial Josefina Muñoz González by Decree No. 1,190 of 24 September 1970, and Instituto Josefina Muñoz González by Decree No. 109 of 2 May 1991. Institución Educativa Josefina Muñoz González was eventually
established on 4 February 2003 as the merger of Instituto Josefina Muñoz González, Colegio Nocturno de Rionegro, Escuela Cuatro Esquinas, Escuela Carmela Biancheti, and Escuela Monseñor Samuel Álvarez.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green-red. White is a symbol of peace. Green is a symbol of hope. Red is a symbol of force, enthusiasm, and juvenile valour. The colours are also a tribute to the flags of Antioquia (white and  green) and of Rionegro (white and red).
Source: http://www.iejosefinamunozgonzalez.edu.co/index2.php?id=12374&idmenutipo=356&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014