Last modified: 2019-05-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014
The first agricultural school in Buga was established in 1941, succeeding the
Granja Agrícola de Buga founded three years earlier on a 100-ha plot offered by
Luisa de la Espada for social purposes. The school was transformed into
Instituto Técnico Agrícola (ITA) in 1966. ITA was subsequently recognized as the
alma mater of rural education in Colombia. Institución Educativa Agrícola de
Guadalajara de Buga was eventually established in 2002 as the merger of ITA,
Unidad Docente María Luisa de la Espada, and Escuela Antonio José de Sucre.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white. White is a symbol of peace, innocence, and tranquility. Green is a symbol of vegetation, hope, freshness, friendship, respect, youth, and liberty.
Source: http://www.itabachillerato.edu.co/html/Nuestra_institucion_simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 8 January 2019
Institución Educativa Instituto Técnico Guaimaral (Cúcuta, Norte de Santander
Department) was established by Decree No. 959, issued on 12 November 2002, as
the merger of Instituto Técnico Comercial Guaimaral, Colegio Departamental
Hermogenes Maza, Escuela Guaimaral No.21 and Centro Alma Luz Vega Rangel.
Instituto La Esperanza was incorporated to the school by Agreement No. 12,
adopted on 16 May 2006.
The flag of IE Instituto Técnico Guaimaral, adopted on 18 June 2003, was designed by the teachers Ruth Trinidad Gómez Mendoza and Isabel Teresa Folíaco Gamboa. The flag is divided blue-white by a board white diagonal stripe running from the lower hoist to the upper fly.
Blue is a symbol of harmony, wisdom and force.
White is a symbol of transparency and peace.
Red is a symbol of joy.
https://instiguaimaral.edu.co/portal/nuestro-colegio/simbolos/, School website
Ivan Sache, 8 January 2019
image by Ivan Sache, 21 September 2018
Colegio Guatiquia was established in 1973 in borough Marsella, Villavicencio
(Meta Department) on plots belonging to La Esperanza estate, offered by
instituto de Crédito Territorial (ICT). The school was originally known as
Concentración Escolar Latorre Gómez, a tribute to Alfonso Latorre Gómez,
director of Instituto Colombiano de Construcciones Escolares (ICCE), the
organism that built the school.
The flag of Colegio Guatiquia is divided white-green by the descending diagonal with the school's emblem in the center.
White is a symbol of light; green is a symbol of an environment suitable for life's emergence and growth, and of aspiration to a better future.
The emblem is made of a white disk representing light, charged with seven green stripes forming a pyramid representing the institutional values that shape the construction of knowledge and the collective order founded on the triad "Liberty - Science - Culture".
The white-yellow-orange, circular stripes represent the cyclic process of growth of the human being. The higher the requirements, the brighter the colors, from simple to complex and from material to abstract.
Ivan Sache, 21 September 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
Institución Educativa Municipal Guavio Bajo is located in Fusagasugá
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green-white. The flag was adopted in 1996 after a contest in the school, won by the student Hernán David Betancourth Murillo. The white stripes, covering 2/3 of the flag area, represents the beauty and purity of the natural environment, and the vigour of the body and soul of the children, teenagers, adults and elders, of the Christian faith and of the aspired peace. The central green stripe, covering 1/3 of the flag area, alludes to the vegetation and to the diversity of the forest resources, and the miracle of agriculture, the base of the regional income.
Source: http://iemguaviobajo.do.am/index/nuestros_simbolos/0-5 - Institute's website
The flag in actual use features the institute's emblem in the middle of the green stripe.
Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 15 December 2008
"Liceo de Guilford" is located in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided blue-white-green, the white stripe being wider than the two others, with the emblem of the institute in the middle. The emblem of the institute is made of a white shield "charged" with a green tree and the blue letters "LdG"; the name of the institute is written in white letters on a blue scroll placed below the shield.
The flag is shown on a photograph available on the institute's website, together with the flags of Colombia and Bogotá.
Ivan Sache, 15 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
Institución Departamental Guillermo Quevedo Zornoza was established in 1978
in Zipaquirá (Cundinamarca Department).
The institute is named for the local musician Guillermo Quevedo Zornoza (1882-1964), who composed, among other works, the municipal anthem of Zipaquirá.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided, per bend sinister, yellow-blue-white, with the institute's emblem in the middle of the blue stripe. The scroll beneath the emblem is inscribed with the institute's motto, "ALEGRIA CIENCIA Y PAZ" (Joy Science and Peace).
Source: http://www.guillermoquevedoz.edu.co/juegos-intercolegiados-del-magisterio-de-zipaquira-2014/ - Photo
Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014
Institución Educativa Gustavo Cote Uribe was established in 2000 in the María
Paz del Norte borough, part of the municipality of Bucaramanga (Santander
The institute is named for the poet and Liberal politician Gustavo Cote Uribe (1918-1994), also the namesake of the Bucaramanga poetry contest.
The flag of the institute is prescribed in Article 8.2 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook, as vertically divided red-green with the institute's emblem in the middle. Red is a symbol of love and understanding. Green is a symbol of hope and dreams, and of reconciliation with the natural environment.
The emblem of the institute is circular, as a symbol of unity and cohesion. If features a family, as a symbol of love and unity; the institute's motto, "DIOS Y PAZ" (God and Peace); branches of laurel, as a symbol of triumph; and a sun, as a symbol of source of life and human heat.
Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 08 September 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Industrial Gustavo Jiménez is located in
Sogamoso (Boyacá Department). The institute is named for the lawyer and
politician Dr. Gustavo Jiménez, who died in September 1948 during a session of
the Chamber of Representatives.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white. Green is a symbol of growth, hope, commitment, and intellectual surpassing. White is a symbol of affirmation of life, values, good practices, and firm commitment to the establishment of peace. The two colours are the symbol to technical and industrial education, which was introduced to Colombia in 1955 by the Lasallians.
Ivan Sache, 08 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014
Institución Educativa Gustavo Matamoros D'Costa was established in 1978 in
Armenia (Quindío, Department). The institute is named for General Gustavo
Matamoros D'Costa (1928-1984), Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of
Colombia and Minister of Defence (1984).
Source: http://www.gustavomatamoros.edu.co - Institute's website
The symbols of the institute are prescribed in Article 6 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook. The flag is horizontally divided blue-white-green, with the institute's emblem in the middle. Blue is a symbol of deepness and confidence. White is a symbol of peace and youth. Green is a symbol of the natural environment.
The emblem of the institute is made of a shield inscribed in a ring charged with the name and place of the institute. The shield is diagonally divided. The upper part, blue, represents the water resources. It is charged with a dove holding a branch of olive, as a symbol of peace, and with two hands holding an open book, as a symbol of knowledge. The lower part, white, represents transparency. It is charged with a Quindio wax palm [_Ceroxylon quindiuense_ (Karst.) H. Wendl.], the Quindio national tree, and with a rising sun, as a symbol of light and life. The year of foundation of the institute, "1978", appears at the base of the shield. The shield is surrounded by the institute's motto, "HONOR DISICPLINA CIENCIA" (Honour, Discipline, Science).
Source: http://www.gustavomatamoros.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=181 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 5 February 2009
"Unidad Educativa 'Gustavo Villa Díaz'" was founded
in 1972, as "Colegio 'Henry García Bohórquez'", in
Arauca, Department of Arauca. Renamed "Colegio 'Gustavo
Villa Díaz'" on 23 February 1981, the institute was
transferred from the Police department to the municipality of
Arauca on 4 August 2000.
The institute is named after its founder, the policeman and educator Gustavo Villa Díaz (1944-1980).
The flag of the institute, as described on the website of the institute, is divided white-olive green by the descending diagonal.
White represents peace, purity and greatness of the institute, expressed via tenderness and work.
Olive green represents the immensity of the plains and the aspiration to progress of the students.
The flag is shown as a shield charged with a torch and a book in the white and green fields, respectively, on the emblem of the institute.
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2009