Last modified: 2020-09-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 21 October 2014
Institución Educativa Departamental Aquileo Parra (IEDAP) was originally
established in Pacho (Cundinamarca Department) by Municipal Agreement No. 52 of
11 December 1996, as Liceo Aquileo Parra. Classes started on 17 February 1997.
The institute is named for Aquileo Parra, President of the United States of
Colombia from 1876 to 1878, who died on 1 January 1900 in La Ferrería borough,
part of the municipality of Pacho.
The flag of IEDAP is horizontally divided blue-light blue-green, crossed by an orange ascending diagonal stripe and charged in the middle with the institute's emblem. Blue is a symbol of force and loyalty. Light blue is a symbol of virtue and peace. Green is a symbol of hope and of the natural environment. Orange is a symbol of joy and dynamism.
The emblem of IEDAP is "polychromous, harmonic, and with environmental connotation". The circular emblem is a symbol of integration; the yellow circular border is a symbol of knowledge and wealth. The two red stars represent virtue and dynamic conscience. The sun is a source of energy and a symbol of transparency. The monogram is the synthesis of a watch tower and of a telecommunication tower. The atom is a symbol of science. The ball is a symbol of games and sports. The colours have the same meaning as on the flag. White is a symbol of virtue. Red is a symbol of love and energy.
Source: http://www.aquileoparra.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=160 - Institute's website
The flag in actual use is charged with a simplified version of the institute's emblem, being a white disk featuring only the monogram of IEDAP.
Ivan Sache, 21 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014
"Institución Educativa Distrital 'Aquileo Parra'",
located in Bogotá, is named after Aquileo Parra (1825-1900),
President of Colombia from 1876 to 1878.
Ivan Sache, 15 January 2009
The flag of the institute is vertically divided yellow-white-yellow with the
institute's emblem in the middle.
Source: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/WltLnE-Lqto/hqdefault.jpg - Photo
Ivan Sache, 26 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 3 February 2009
"Fundación Universitaria del Área
Andina" was founded in 1994 in Pereira, Department of
Risaralda. It is made of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty
of Administration, Marketing and Design, and Faculty of Law,
Social and Human Sciences.
The website of the institute shows a photo of a table flag of the institute, horizontally divided green-white, with the emblem of the university "superimposed". The emblem clearly does not exist on this particular flag but was added subsequently to the image, therefore it is not possible to conclude about the existence of a flag with the emblem.
Ivan Sache, 3 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 9 October 2018
Liceo Moderno del Ariari is located in Granada (Meta Department).
The flag of Liceo Moderno del Ariari is horizontally divided blue-white-blue.
Ivan Sache, 9 October 2018
This school was established in its current form in 2011 but traces its roots
as far back as 1982.
Esteban Rivera, 10 October 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
modified by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 26 September 2014
Liceo Ariguaní is based in El Difícil, the capital of the municipality of
Ariguaní (Magdalena Department).
The flag of the institute is described as horizontally divided golden yellow-white-purple. Golden yellow is a symbol of sincerity, liberty, purity, generosity, and piety.
White is a symbol of peace and love. Purple is a symbol of loyalty, land, justice, ingenuity, and knowledge.
Source: http://liceoariguani.es.tl/Bandera.htm - institute's website
A photo seems to indicate that the flag in use is indeed horizontally divided white-purple-yellow.
Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 14 March 2017
Liceo Arkadia Colombia is located in San Carlos de Tibabuyes, Suba, Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle. White is a symbol of purity, faith, nobleness, integrity, firmness, and obedience.
The emblem of the institute includes the initials of the institute's name in the colours of the national flag: a yellow "L", a blue "A", and a red "C". The letters are separated from each other by a green boomerang, as a symbol of commitment for the preservation of the natural environment. The triangular shape of the logo represents the triad of personal skills. In the center of the logo are inscribed the three pillars of the institute: Knowledge, Excellence, Autonomy.
http://www.liceoarkadia.edu.co/web/liceo - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 14 March 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 29 September 2014
Institución Educativa Tecnica Instituto Armero was established in Armero
(Tolima Department) by Departmental Resolution No. 1,215 of 3 October 2003, as
the merger of Colegio Oficial Instituto Armero (est. 2 February 1945) and
Institución Docente Dario Echandia.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. White is a symbol of integrity, transparency, and justice. Green is a symbol of hope and faith.
Ivan Sache, 29 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
Colegio Alvernia was founded in 1942 in Suba (Bogotá Capital District) by the
nuns of the Franciscan Congregation of the Inmaculate Mary. The congregation was
founded in Coloimbia in 1893 by Blessed María Caridad Brader (1860-1943), a
The flag of Colegio Alvernia, as shown on the institute's website, is horizontally divided white-pink with the institute's coat of arms in the middle. "Its white and pink folds are like a silent poem committing the female youth to love kindness, good practice and moral purity, symbolized by whiteness."
The coat of arms was designed by Mother Alicia David Ramírez. The mountain shown in the background represents the mountain of La Verna (Spanish, Alvernia), offerred on 8 May 1213 by Count Orlando da Chiusi to St. Francis of Assisi; the saint retired there and received the stigmata a few years later. The Sanctuary of La Verna was built on the mountain in 1348-1459. The mountain further symbolizes love offered by St. Francis of Assisi.
The flaming torch and cross shown in the upper left of the shield represents the "Christ's light" and the virtue provided by science. The table with five books, one of them being open, shown in the lower part of the shield, represents science supported by God's word. The base of the shield is charged with the institute's monogram, made of the interlaced letters "CA".
Ivan Sache, 6 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 20 October 2014
Institución Educativa Municipal Artemio Mendoza Carvajal is located in Pasto
(Nariño Department). The institute is named for Artemio Mendoza Carvajal
(1935-1977), teacher at Instituto San Juan Bosco in Pasto and student's leader
at Universidad Pedagógica de Tunja. He also founded Colegio Ciudad de Pasto and
INEM de Pasto.
The flag of the institute is presented in the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided red-blue-red with a yellow triangle placed along the hoist, that is the flag of Pasto, "for the location of the institute in urban area". "When a contest is called", the institute's emblem is added to the yellow triangle.
The yellow triangle means light, power, constancy, knowledge, and nobleness. Vermilion red is a symbol of audacity, valiance, highness, strength, war, and triumph with blood shed.
Blue is a symbol of the sky, of justice, beauty, charity, loyalty, and care.
The emblem of the institute features a bright sun on a celestial background, a representation of volcano Galeras*. In the middle is placed the Monument to Knowledge ensigned with a cross, as a symbol of faith and religion. The lower part of the emblem features the flags of Pasto, Nariño Department, and Colombia, charged with the institute's monogram.
*Galeras (4,276 m) is the most active volcano in Colombia. Its last, non-explosive eruption was recorded on 31 August 2010.
Ivan Sache, 20 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014
Institución Educativa Municipal Arturo Aurelio Martínez was
established in Pandiaco borough (Municipality of San Juan de Pasto,
Nariño Department) by Decree No. 363 of 26 August 2003, as the merger
of Colegio Departamental Aurelio Arturo Martínez and Concentración
Escolar Juan XXIII.
The institute is named for the lawyer and poet Arturo Aurelio Martínez
(1906-1974), author of the anthology Morada al Sur, (1963, 1975).
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided red-white-yellow according to the ascending diagonal. Red is a symbol of belonging to the institute, justice, highness and power. White is a symbol of knowledge, light and infinity. Yellow is a symbol of power, constancy and nobleness.
Source: http://iemaurelioarturo.wordpress.com/simbolos/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2014