This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Avanhandava, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-12-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | avanhandava |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Avanhandava, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 15 March 2013

See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Avanhandava (11,311 inhabitants in 2010; 34,034 ha) is located 470 km of São Paulo.

Avanhandava was founded in 1904, as Campo Verde, by Colonel Antônio Flávio Martins Ferreira, originating from Franca. The district of Miguel Calmon was established, as part of the municipality of Rio Preto, by State Law No. 1,171 of 21 October 1909, The district was transferred to Bauru by State Law No. 1,225 of 16 December 1910 and to Penápolis by State Law No. 1,397 of 22 December 1913. The permanent struggle between the natives and the colonists required a mission of Colonel José Cândido Mariano Rondon. The municipality of Avanhandava was established by State Law no. 2,102 of 29 December 1925. and inaugurated on 10 April 1926. The name of the municipality means in Tupi-Guarani "a place with strong stream", referring to waterfalls on river Tietê. - Municipal website

The flag of Avanhandava is horizontally divided blue-white-green (4:1:1) with the municipal coat of arms in the middle. The flag hoisted outdoors in front of the Town Hall has a light blue shade, while the flag hoisted inside the Town Hall has a "Brazilian" blue shade.

Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 15 March 2013

Variant Flag

 Avanhandava, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 15 March 2013

This light coloured variant is hoisted outside the town hall.
Ivan Sache, 15 March 2013